Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Atomic Symbol H


H

I have a mum of whom I'm proud
She has a brain active and loud
I'm sure it's like a Universe inside,
However when she talks to me
My instinct is to quickly flee
And find myself a place that I can hide!


For her words are big and are
Complicated and bizarre

And usually give me a grand head ache,
My brain is not that big at all
In fact it's quite petite and small
And tends to dwell on comic books and cake.

One day I came home with my
Homework and I had to sigh
When I asked about the Symbol H,
I knew then what I had begun,
Her mouth fired like a Gatling gun,
I knew that asking her was a mistake!


"Hydrogen," she said to me
"Is an element you see
Of which the letter H then does stand for
It's atomic number being
One and with a weight so being

One point double zero seven nine four

Followed by a little u,
And it is the common view
That it is the lightest element
For in fact throughout all space
It is indeed quite common place
Bieing the chemical that's most abundant!"


Three quarters of the Universes..."
I sighed and muttered silent curses,
"Baryonic mass is made up of it,
It's the stuff of stars that are
Non-remnant in its plazma
State." She said whilst I could almost vomit.


So I had to quickly shout
Before she could go on about
The common isotope of hydrogen,

Or its lonely small proton
And its lack of a neutron
And the term of it being protium!


"Mum!" I said, "That's more than I
"Can take, because I'm only five!
For goodness sake all that I need to know,

Is how to write the letter H,
Just a normal letter H
And where the lines of it are meant to go!"


No comments:

Post a Comment