Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What is the Meaning of Succumb?


Succumb

I found myself whilst dieting
With my stomach rioting
Tired of all the salads I had downed
And at this point to tell the truth
I had awakened my sweet tooth
Which was craving something chocolate brown!

My will was weak against the thought
That I yielded and bought
The biggest chocolate bar I could afford,
That is to say I did succumb
To my hungry rumbling tum
And fed myself the chocolate I adored!

Oh how I hate so to admit
I gave in and devoured it
Submitting myself to the yummy treat
The power it had over me
Made me buy more for my tea
In fact a truck load just for me to eat...

And so I ate and grew and grew
More than a man is meant to
Until I was larger than my abode
And so I was brought to my end
I did succumb to my death when
Suddenly my stomach did explode.

And as parts of me flew about
And my lights were going out
For a brief moment I was rather mad
At myself for being greedy,
Succumbing so to sweet candy,
If only I had stuck with the salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment