Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

What is the Meaning of Manifold?


Manifold

Imagine that within my home
Are myriads of telephones
Of different variations new and old
The adjective that best describes
The bunch of phones I have inside
In varied forms is the word manifold

It implies great diversity
And also multiplicity,
Variety as well or so I’m told
So if there’s an array
Of anything just say
“Manifold” of what you now behold!

But also if I said of you
Something that was very true
For lots of different reasons not a few
I can use the word to
Exemplify about you
That you are a manifold cuckoo!

And finally you might
Come across a kind of pipe
With many joints and also lots of holes
I can clearly state
The word that designates
This type of pipe is also manifold.


Copyright 2013







Click HERE to search The Vocabuverse by Letter

No comments:

Post a Comment